Electrical safety tests on electrical appliances in City of Glasgow College student flats were not carried out due to an oversight, leading to safety concerns. 

Electrical safety tests on electrical appliances in City of Glasgow College student flats were not carried out due to an oversight, leading to safety concerns. 

The error, involved 40 properties, housing hundreds of students, in riverside accommodation on Thistle Street. 

Glasgow City Council found that portable appliance test (PAT) certificates were unavailable for the past 2 years. 

By |2019-08-07T11:45:27+00:00March 31st, 2019|PAT Blog|Comments Off on Electrical safety tests on electrical appliances in City of Glasgow College student flats were not carried out due to an oversight, leading to safety concerns. 

About the Author:

I am Richard Ayre, PAT engineer and Owner/Director of DRA PAT Testing Limited, trading since 2009. I am also Operations Director for the Portable Appliance Testing Trade Association.