The PAT Certificate cost is FREE
PAT Certificates are issued after PAT testing has been carried out. We don’t actually charge for the certificate, but you also can’t get a certificate until equipment has been tested.
PAT testing Certificates
In order to comply with work regulations electrical equipment must maintain safety standards; to prove this has been done most people get PAT testing done. After its been done they are sent a PAT testing Certificate. The Certificate confirms PAT has been completed and equipment that has passed is safe.
However contrary to popular belief, the certificate is not a single document saying “this certificate confirms..” but is actually a record of all appliances tested and the results obtained.
The results obtained by the tests that took place are shown next to the appliance, these include; result of the visual inspection (arguably the most important part of the test), result of the earth test carried out on appliances that require an earth for safety, result of the insulation test which is carried out on all appliances with exposed metal parts, and the result of the Polarity test which is carried out on power cords that have an earth wire (e.g. extension and IEC leads). Other Tests may be carried out that we don’t show the results for, such as if a socket tester or voltage meter has been used.
The results are broken down into locations at your site, for example, separating the main office from the meeting room, and from the kitchens.
When a PAT certificate is issued it confirms that the client for whom the equipment has been tested is complying with the regulations by having their appliances tested, to make sure they are safe.
The certificate is evidence that the responsible person is taking steps to ensure safety of users of equipment.
We will come to you to test your appliances, and when satisfied that your equipment is safe, will issue a PAT testing certificate.
The PAT Testing Certificate must show the address where the testing took place, the name and address of the company that did the testing, the date of the test and it is recommended but not essential, that an expiry date be shown. After all the results of the test are only as good as the time they are done; the tester can’t guarantee the appliance will stay in that condition until X date.
The PAT testing certificate doesn’t show the list of appliances or their results, that is for the report; the certificate is an official document that provides proof that appliances have been tested so that business owners can confirm their compliance with the regulations.
If you want to know more about what PAT testing can do for you check out our blog on the best benefits of PAT testing.
If you receive a list of appliances with no readings on then you have no clear evidence of what has been done, and the report is not complete.
We provide every client with a 6 part record:
- The engineer who attends will complete a job sheet before he leaves, including an overview of what has been done, and leave that with you
- The engineer sends the downloaded file from his tester to the office and we use that to create your report, including front cover and guidance document.
- The downloaded results are collated into a PAT Report which itemises each item tested by unique ID number that refers to the labels stuck to your appliances, separated by locations of your site. Each item’s tests results are listed, showing the readings the machine got on the tests applied
- If an appliance failed, there is also a record for that, reflecting what to do next
- And there is the PAT Testing Certificate, an overview document that documents that you have had your equipment tested in order to comply with appropriate regulations
- Finally we use the engineers feedback to provide any recommendations to improve safety, and we will recommend retest periods; although the actual retest period you need to use is the one you get from your risk assessment.
The report is sent to you as one pdf document attached to an email address.
What does a PAT Certificate cost?
So what does a PAT Testing certificate cost? It costs what it costs. We don’t sell the actual certificates; we do the job and when the job is complete, issue the certificate, so the price of the certificate depends on the price of the job that needs doing. If you need a price, then you need to get a PAT testing quotation done.
Get a PAT Testing Certificate
If you need a PAT testing certificate contact us today to arrange for your PAT testing
Here’s some independent info on what is required from a PAT Certificate
See our PAT Testing Certificate page here for more information.