To comply with the UK’s Health and Safety regulations, and to ensure your insurance policy is valid, you need to be able to prove that electrical equipment is safe to use; the best way to do this is to have a PAT test carried out on them.
We provide local PAT Testing for Northumberland Schools – if you need some PAT testing doing then get in touch.
We can help you with your electrical testing needs including:
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Fixed Appliance Testing (FAT)
- Fixed Wiring Inspections (EICR)
Our engineers are based in the North East, so don’t worry we’re not about to send someone who doesn’t know the local area, and you get the benefit of working with the same engineer(s) long term as the same one of us will keep coming back, as he/she will be the best person to manage your equipment safety as we’ll know the history of it.
Regular PAT testing helps to keep your legal obligations for electrical safety in check, and also keeps your insurance policy valid; but perhaps most of all it gives you peace of mind that your electrical equipment is safe.
We will inspect and test all your portable electrical appliances, and can give you guidance on what to do with other electrical systems too.
This is what we do..
- Firstly we check our own safety – can the appliance be switched off safely, etc.
- Then can the appliance be switched off – if something can’t be switched off, tell us asap.
- We check appliance is suitable for the environment it is in
- Then we check the appliance, starting with the plug, then the cable, then the appliance.
- If the cable detaches from the appliance it is tested independently.
- If repairs have to be carried out we will do so; nearly always included in the price and supply parts as required.
- If the appliance passes all checks we will label it and the results are recorded on our PAT testers.
- If it fails, we photograph it, record it and mark it with a fail label. We report it to the site contact too.
- On completion of the job we feed anything necessary back to our site contact then download the results.
- Using the results obtained and our risk assessments we compile our report which will be sent to you as a pdf either before we leave the site, or within 24 hours.