PAT Testing in Gateshead
✅ Same day PAT Test Certificates
✅ Free remedial repairs and replacement parts
✅ Appointments available 24 / 7 at no extra cost
✅ All of the North East covered
✅ Ensures compliance with Health & Safety
✅ Ensures your insurance policy is valid
✅ Prompt reminders for retests
✅ Testing from just 80p per item
Local PAT testing in Gateshead
To comply with the UK’s Health and Safety regulations, and to ensure your insurance policy is valid, you need to be able to prove that electrical equipment is safe to use; the best way to do this is to have a PAT test carried out on them.
We provide local PAT Testing in Gateshead to businesses of all shapes and sizes – if you need some PAT testing doing then get in touch.
We can help you with your electrical testing needs including:
Our engineers are based in the North East, so don’t worry we’re not about to send someone who doesn’t know the local area, and you get the benefit of working with the same engineer(s) long term as the same one of us will keep coming back, as he/she will be the best person to manage your equipment safety as we’ll know the history of it.
Regular PAT testing helps to keep your legal obligations for electrical safety in check, and also keeps your insurance policy valid; but perhaps most of all it gives you peace of mind that your electrical equipment is safe.
What’s involved in the PAT Test?
We will inspect and test all your portable electrical appliances, and can give you guidance on what to do with other electrical systems too.
This is what we do..
- Firstly we check our own safety – can the appliance be switched off safely, etc.
- Then can the appliance be switched off – if something can’t be switched off, tell us asap.
- We check appliance is suitable for the environment it is in
- Then we check the appliance, starting with the plug, then the cable, then the appliance.
- If the cable detaches from the appliance it is tested independently.
- If repairs have to be carried out we will do so; nearly always included in the price and supply parts as required.
- If the appliance passes all checks we will label it and the results are recorded on our PAT testers.
- If it fails, we photograph it, record it and mark it with a fail label. We report it to the site contact too.
- On completion of the job we feed anything necessary back to our site contact then download the results.
- Using the results obtained and our risk assessments we compile our report which will be sent to you as a pdf either before we leave the site, or within 24 hours.
What’s included in the price?
- Rewiring of plugs and replacement parts
- Supply and fit of replacement plugs to meet British Standards
- Supply and fit of replacement fuses (3, 5, 10 and 13amps)
- A tidy up and sort out of messy cables
- Guidance on how to improve safety measures
- Unique ID numbered label for every appliance
- Failure report detailing failures and actions
- Itemised report of passed appliances including electrical readings
- Certificate of compliance
- Reminders for retests so you’re always compliant
Speak to us
We cover all of Tyne and Wear
We don’t just do PAT testing in Gateshead, we cover all of the North East. So wherever you are, whatever line of business you’re in; even if you work from home, we can help.
PAT testing Gateshead and the North East
The best PAT testing price would include FREE remedial repairs, replacement plugs and fuses – which is what we do. Also we offer fixed prices so you don’t get the shock when the bill comes in like you do with per item rates.
Our professional, reliable PAT testing service is carried out by experienced engineers who have been checked by CHAS, Durham Police and DBS. We use the quickest industry leading, data storing machines available to ensure the service you get and the report you receive is the best possible. All our records are securely stored and can be re-issued to you for free if you lose your copy.
Our service is carried out efficiently, quickly and using tried and tested methods that guarantee minimal disruption to your business. To make the process even slicker in the future we carry out cable sorting and re-organising as we go, to create an efficient, safer working environment.
The price for testing 110 volt and 230 volt equipment is the same, and we can also test 3-phase and fixed appliances. We carry out a through formal visual inspection on EVERY appliance, as well as carrying out our tests; many cheap PAT testing companies skip the visual inspection (which is actually the most important part) to save time.
Minor repairs, replacement plugs and fuses are fixed automatically, FREE of charge.
What our clients say
These guys were recommended to us and they came in recently to do the PAT Testing. The service was first class and report very professionally presented in an easy to understand format. It is rare I give 5 stars in a review however in this case it is thoroughly deserved and would recommend DRA PAT Testing Limited to any organisation
Dacon Fabrication, Gateshead
We cover all areas of Gateshead including Gateshead town centre, Dunston, Low Fell, Felling, Swalwell, Metro Centre, Lobley Hill. Team Valley, Leam Lane, Pelaw, Heworth, Bill Quay, etc.