What does PAT testing cost?
We believe in a transparent price proposal with no hidden charges;
Every client is treated as an individual but like any other industry we have a system of how we price for a job including many factors. The price we quote includes:
- Travel time to your site
- Number of engineers we need on site
- The environment we will be working in
- The type of appliances we will be working with
- The likelihood of remedial work required*
- The work carried out at any time 24/7
- Full inspection of all appliances
- Tests of appropriate appliances
- Full reports and certificate
- BS1363 Plugs and fuses supplied
Our standard pricing rates, for standard 230v 3-13amp appliances are:
£25.00 initial fee (per day on site), then £1.25 per item up to 100 items, then £1.00 per item thereafter.
Min. invoice value £45.00 (including 20 items)
Non-standard* pricing rates, for 110v, 230v and 415v 16amp + are:
£29.00 initial fee (per day on site), then £1.50 per item.
Min. invoice value £125.00 (including 60 items)
*Repairs to 110v, three-phase 230v and 415v appliances will incur additional charges
We will provide you with a fixed price for the job, with additional items at an agreed per item rate.
We carry out visual inspections inline with the guidance from the IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing.
- Minimal disruption – Appliances need to be unplugged to be inspected and tested; this can cause some disruption. We work with you to ensure this is kept to a minimum. We also offer evening and weekend appointments which may help you.
- Each item checked – we inspect every powered part of an appliance, and record it separately ensuring if parts are used elsewhere they’re still compliant; also if one part fails they all don’t.
- Remedial Repairs at no extra cost – remedial action that can be taken during the inspection process will be carried out, including repairs to or replacement of the fuse, plug and cable
- Fully comprehensive report provided – every item tested (and passed) will be labelled with a unique asset number which relates to the asset list in the report provided. In addition to the itemised report every client is provided with a PAT Testing Certificate, valid until the next tests are due.
- Failed items reports – appliances can fail; an appliance that can’t be repaired by us will fail the overall inspection. We will provide recommendations for further action.
- Timely reminder for re-tests – we allocate priority appointments to our diaries for your next tests, and remind you of the proposed date nearer the time.
- Non-standard testing – we are able to test non-standard items, such as yellow 110v adaptors, blue 230v adaptors and red 415v adaptors
- Microwave emissions testing – we will test microwave ovens to ensure excessive emissions are not present