Join our team – PAT testing jobs
Do you want to work with us? Do you want to help keep people safe at work?
Do you want to do a job that allows you the freedom to go to new places every day? To meet new people every day? To see some things most people never see?
Do you want to learn some new skills? Do you want to be part of a team?
Do you want to enjoy going to work?
We’re a small team here at DRA PAT Testing but we are a team that has fun, we work hard and we like a laugh; we’re relaxed and flexible.
Have you got “attention to detail”? Can you spot a fault, can you remember the small things – we are paid to find faults, we’re paid to get to know our clients’ businesses, and as we have thousands of them its essential you can recall the last time you went – your client relies on you.
We need to be thorough in our work, we need to carefully inspect every electrical appliance we’re checking, we carry out repairs such as to a damaged plug or replace an incorrect fuse – do you know the right fuse for each appliance? We can teach you that.
Do you have an interest in electrics? Or like working with your hands, are you good with the details? Can you multi task?
The life of a PAT tester is fun, the variety of our work, places we go and people we meet is huge.
We can train you, even if you know nothing about electrics – as long as you are willing to learn, can learn fast and do your own learning away from work we can turn you into a top PAT tester in hardly any time at all.
- You need to have a clean criminal record – we’re going to get you DBS checked early on.
- You need a driving license and car – without it you won’t get very far – but we’ll pay you 25p for every mile you drive
- You need some comfy shoes and work trousers – we’ll supply you with a shirt!
- We’ll provide you with testers, tools, a tool bag and guide you on how to build up your own resources and kit over time.
- We pay you from the moment you get in your car to start work, until you get out at the end, whether that takes 8 hours, 10, 12 or whatever.
- You need a laptop computer – there will be some computer work, about 5% of your day, but you’ll mostly do it in coffee shops!
- We give you 28 days holiday each year including bank holidays, and Christ has off, but we expect you to be available 7 days a week – notice will be given if you’re to work a weekend.
- You may have to work anywhere in the UK but the majority of our work is within 30-60 minutes drive.
How much we pay depends on you –
- If you’re experienced or qualified, we’ll start you at £10.00 per hour rising to £11.00 after 3-months probation, rising to £11.50 after 12 months and £12.00 after 24. (equivalent to £23,040.00 per annum + overtime + fuel allowance)
- If you have no experience, we will train you, starting on minimum wage for your age rising to £10.00 after probation. If you get qualified this will rise further.
- You’re paid for the hours you work – if you’re full time that’s a minimum 8-hour day even if you finish your work early.
- If you apply to be part time hours will depend on our agreement.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Email Richard@draelectricals.co.uk with a covering letter about why you should be considered for a role in our company, and your CV.
If we consider you suitable we will arrange an interview and trial.
We are actively seeking someone to join our team by August 2022