We are currently seeking a new full time PAT Tester to join our team, for start in January 2024. For more information see our advert and role profile below.
DRA PAT Testing Ltd is based in Wallsend, North Tyneside and carries out electrical equipment safety testing for companies throughout the North East of England.
Due to further expansion and growth, we are looking to add a new PAT tester to our team.
Your main role will be to work independently carrying out inspections of electrical equipment in client workplaces, testing and remedial works throughout the North East.
We are seeking someone who is self-motivated, easy going, professional, friendly, hardworking and a quick learner. Could that be you?
You don’t need qualifications or prior experience, as full training will be given. We just need you to be ready to learn and get up to speed quickly – we’ll even get your qualified.
The role is full time (40-hour week) and has a January start, with initial training alongside experienced team members. You will work with other engineers until deemed competent to work alone.
- We pay hourly rate starting at £11.00 rising to £13.00 on completion of probation period plus extra travel time, overtime, mileage, and company pension. Further rises available after completion of probation period.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays and Christmas break.
- Company Pension.
Contact us by email to email@example.com to discuss further.
- Full initial training will be given, and we’ll put you through the City and Guilds 2377 Inspection and Testing course among others.
- You’ll work alongside experienced engineers until competent to work independently.
- We operate Monday to Sunday, from 7am to 6pm although your diary is provided in advance, over a 5-day working period and we try to work around your family time where possible. Most weeks we’re Monday to Friday with weekends as the business requires. Travel time is paid for plus mileage at 25p per mile rising to 35p per mile on completion of probation.
- You need a full driving license with your own vehicle and business insurance.
- Basic computer skills are essential including use of Excel, Outlook, email, etc.
- You will be expected to pass a DBS check and Police Vetting.
- We provide work tops, tools, kit bag and tester plus spare parts as needed, and PPE (except boots). You will need your own work trousers, comfortable shoes, etc.
- To start in January.