We provide a minimal fuss portable appliance testing service for landlords with fixed prices, where we:
- Inspect each appliance
- Test portable appliances such as kettles and microwave ovens
- Test fixed appliances such as cookers and dishwashers
- Carry out repairs if needed
- Replace fuses and plugs for free
- Report any issues to you promptly
- Check white goods against the latest product recall notices
- Recommend you register appliances for safety update notifications
- Provide you with a report for your compliance.
We are also able to offer fixed wiring inspections when they are needed.
Requirements for Inspection and Testing
The fixed wiring system requires an inspection every 5 years, but appliances which can be damaged much more easily require more regular attention.
Appliances should be inspected and tested at the start of every tenancy, so you and the tenant know they are safe, and then they should be checked at regular intervals (usually every year) thereafter.
Portable appliances in a property usually include the likes of fridge freezers, washing machines, microwaves, kettles, televisions, etc.
PAT Testing Prices, per property
The following prices are per property
|Standard rented houses or flats including with less than 10 appliances||£30.00|
|Standard rented houses or flats including up to 15 appliances||£35.00|
|Houses with multiple occupancy or up to 30 appliances||£49.00|
Landlords are required by law to:
- ensure that the electrical installation in a rented property is safe when tenants move in and maintained in a safe condition throughout its duration (including appliances)
- ensure that a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) has a periodic inspection carried out on the property every five years.
- ensure that any appliances provided are safe and have CE marking
To meet these requirements landlords will need to carry out regular safety checks to ensure the electrical installation and appliances are safe and working.
Fixed rates for Landlords/Domestic Property
These prices are based on properties located in Tyne and Wear
We provide Portable Appliance Testing throughout the whole of Tyne and Wear including Newcastle upon Tyne, Jesmond, Gosforth, Heaton, Wallsend, North Shields, South Shields, Tynemouth, Whitley Bay, Monkseaton, Cullercoats, Seaton Deleval, Cramlington, Gateshead, Jarrow, Blaydon, Hebburn, the Boldons, Washington, Sunderland, Ryhope, Hetton le Hole, Houghton le Spring, Whickham, Ryton, Birtley, Killingworth, Backworth, Cleadon, Felling, Shiremoor, Longbenton and Seaham.
We will also travel throughout Northumberland and Co Durham – contact us for a price.