If your staff are working from home due to Covid, as an employer you want the peace of mind that the equipment you supply staff with is as safe now as it was when it left the office.
Electricity at Work regulations apply wherever work is, not just in the office. So if you supply electrical equipment to be used at home by staff, you remain responsible for it, so getting it PAT tested is important.
If you have not had equipment tested since it was taken home (since March 2020) then you really should be getting it tested now without further delay – chances are the appliance has missed its regular PAT test, and by now it has…
- Been removed from the office
- Bounced around in the boot of a car
- Been carried into the house
- Cables have been wrapped up and unwrapped
- It’s been moved around the house to find the best spot for the new ‘office’
- It’s been plugged in to an old extension socket from the garage
- To many plugs are now being plugged into the socket
- Increased the risk of overheating of the socket
Even if it’s regular check hasn’t been missed how do you know the appliances didn’t get damaged in transit or are being used appropriately at home?
We have the solution – safe PAT Testing outside (or at) your staff homes
We have been working through Covid and one of the most regular issues we’re finding is the amount of equipment that is being used by staff at home, and how little of it has been checked since it left the office, and what is the solution to check it is safe? This is… safe PAT testing outside the home.
We will visit the home of each member of staff, and safely, using Covid-safe measures, check their electrical appliances are safe without ever having to go into the property or making contact with the person.