Providing Safe PAT Testing Home Visits for people who work from home
Helping businesses maintain safe equipment in staff homes
This system works just as well for engineer’s equipment in vans, mobile hair dressers, and so on; we’re very flexible with it to meet you requirements.
We follow government guidance at all times
- Our engineers where face masks at all times; we may take them off if working alone in large ventilated areas
- We wash our hands on entering a facility, sanitise them before touching equipment / entering a new section to protect you, and then do it again afterwards to protect ourselves; that’s as a minimum, we actually tend to wash our hands more than that. We always followed these procedures pre-Covid anyway, so now we just do it even more.
- We keep our distance at all times, and expect you to do the same.
- We can wear gloves if required, although we feel washing hands reduces the risk of germs being spread – gloves don’t tend to get washed.
Please advise your colleagues/staff that we are coming so they are ready to vacate work areas when we need access, to reduce time spent in the same areas.
Safe PAT testing for Home Workers
If your staff are working from home due to Covid, as an employer you want the peace of mind that the equipment you supply staff with is as safe now as it was when it left the office.
Electricity at Work regulations apply wherever work is, not just in the office. So if you supply electrical equipment to be used at home by staff, you remain responsible for it, so getting it PAT tested is important.
If you have not had equipment tested since it was taken home (since March 2020) then you really should be getting it tested now without further delay – chances are the appliance has missed its regular PAT test, and by now it has…
- Been removed from the office
- Bounced around in the boot of a car
- Been carried into the house
- Cables have been wrapped up and unwrapped
- It’s been moved around the house to find the best spot for the new ‘office’
- It’s been plugged in to an old extension socket from the garage
- To many plugs are now being plugged into the socket
- Increased the risk of overheating of the socket
Even if it’s regular check hasn’t been missed how do you know the appliances didn’t get damaged in transit or are being used appropriately at home?
We have the solution – safe PAT Testing outside (or at) your staff homes
We have been working through Covid and one of the most regular issues we’re finding is the amount of equipment that is being used by staff at home, and how little of it has been checked since it left the office, and what is the solution to check it is safe? This is… safe PAT testing outside the home.
We will visit the home of each member of staff, and safely, using Covid-safe measures, check their electrical appliances are safe without ever having to go into the property or making contact with the person.
If you want to arrange Covid-safe PAT testing for your business, complete the form below, or call us.
Our Safe PAT testing home visits video
Home visits provide a unique opportunity to carry out Covid-safe PAT testing of electrical equipment provided by companies for their staff to use whilst working from home.
This is how we do Safe PAT testing
- We arrive at the arranged time; the engineer wipes the handles of the box and the inside area (and any other area that might be touched), washes his hands and puts on a pair of clean gloves. He carries the box to the front door, rings the bell (or knocks) and backs away beyond 2 metres.
- The client opens the door, they are aware of what to do, but if not we can explain; they should put their appliances in the box, then close their door.
- The engineer takes the box to the car / van to conduct the necessary inspection, tests and maintenance. Applies labels as normal, wipes each appliance touched, and put the appliances back in the box. He then carries the box back to the door, rings the bell and steps back 2 metres.
- The client opens the door and takes their equipment out of the box. Some pleasantries may be exchanged and then the client closes the door.
- The engineer collects the box, returns to his vehicle, wipes the box, puts the wipes in the bin, removes his gloves and puts them in the bin, then washes his hands for more than 20 seconds using hand sanitiser.
Or in the staff car park
This process can just as easily work in your office car park if you don’t want us going to staff houses;
We arrange staggered arrival times, the person pulls up in their car, we put the box down, they fill it up and get back in the car; then we take it away, test it and return it. We would do this working as a team, so we can have a steady flow of vehicles and no hold ups.
How to arrange Safe PAT testing
Arranging safe PAT testing couldn’t be easier. There is a form below to complete, if you do that then we will contact you to discuss the process, prices and make the arrangements.
Safe PAT testing prices are dependent on what we have to do; whether we’re visiting houses or working from one location, how many engineers we have on the job, how many properties we have to visit, how many we can do in an allotted time, what the travel times are, etc.
You would need to provide us with staff addresses and advise staff that this is happening (we can provide email templates); then if you can give us mobile numbers or emails we can send each person a guidance message to what will happen and our estimated arrival time.
If you also have equipment still in your permanent workplace, that you want inspecting too, whilst the premises are empty, we can arrange to do that too.