Order a Landlords Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) online for rental properties in the North East

Do you need an Electrical Safety Certificate for your rental property?

If you rent our property that someone else lives in (your tenant) then you need to be sure the electrical wiring system is safe for use, to do that you need to get it inspected. On completion of the inspection you are provided with an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR). 

Electrical Installation Condition Reports are legally required for new tenancies in England

Mains electrical wiring safety inspections are now a mandatory requirement in England, as of 1st April 2020 – far from being April fools Day this was a monumental day for raising safety in rental property.

Landlords are now required to carry out an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) on their rental property every 5 years.

All landlords letting property in the UK now have a legal obligation to ensure that their property is safe to be lived in, so it is necessary the electrical wiring is checked to make sure it is not damaged and that it is inline with current regulations for wiring standards.

Our electrical engineers can visit your property to carry out an inspection of the electrical system from which they can provide you with an up to date Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) for your rental property.

The report will confirm whether the system is safe, or if any work is needed to bring it up to standard. We do not force you to do that work, it is up to you, and it is also up to you who does that work. We will only quote for the work if you ask us too. If the issue can be fixed whilst the engineer is on site, he will ring you to discuss then you can decide how you want to proceed.

Our engineers cover the North East of England and provide a fixed price for EICR and PAT testing for landlords

How much is an Electrical Installation Condition Report?

The price to carry out a Landlords Electrical Safety can vary depending on factors such as property size and location, so in all cases please contact us to discuss your price. Please note the minimum you should expect to pay is £250.00 + VAT. Please note we only offer this service in Newcastle upon Tyne/ Tyneside and Northumberland areas. 

Book a Landlords Electrical Certificate (EICR)

To book Landlords electrical certificate get in touch with us by ????  0191 666 1009 or ????  07897 240 878, or email us ????

EICR’s Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get EICR and PAT Test done at the same time?

Yes, although it may be harder to organise as two different engineers do the job, but we will do our best to accommodate you.

Do you offer discounts for more than one property or block bookings?

Yes, we will happily discuss discount options with you

What does the Landlords’ Electrical Safety Certificate do for me?

The landlords electrical safety certificate will confirm whether or not the electrical installation in the property is safe and meets today’s legal requirements. It is now law in the UK for landlords to make sure electrical installations are safe. 

It is now law in the Uk for landlords to ensure the electrical wiring/installation in their residential premises is inspected and tested at intervals of no longer than 5 years by a qualified competent person. 

The landlord must provide a copy of the electrical safety report to their tenants, and to the local authority if requested. 

What does the law say?

The law in England changed in July 2020 for landlords of rental property.

Any new tenancies from 1st July 2020 requires a valid EICR, but if the property already has a tenant in then you have until April 2021 to complete an EICR

If you had an EICR carried out on the property prior to 2019; make sure that that report is valid with the current regulations.

Find the Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector Regulations 2020 here.

What does the inspection check?

The ‘fixed’ electrical part of the property like the wiring, socket outlets, light fittings, and the consumer unit (fuse box) will be inspected, including permanently connected equipment such as showers and extractor fans. 

The regulations require a landlord to have the electrical installation in their property inspected and tested by a competent person every 5 years, at least.  The report you get must be covered by a competent person scheme, such as the NICEIC. 

What does the inspection involve?

The inspection will check to confirm if:

  • The electrical installation has been overloaded,
  • there are any potential electric shock risks or fire hazards
  • there is an defective electrical work
  • there is a lack of earthing or bonding

What should the report show?

The report should show that the installation is safe for continued use; if the report does not require further investigative or remedial work, the landlord will not be required to do anything more. 

However, if work is required, the inspector will use the following classification code to indicate where a landlord should undertake remedial work:

  • Code 1: Danger present, risk of injury. The inspector may make hazards safe before leaving
  • Code 2: Potenitally dangerous. 
  • Further investigation: Further investigation required
  • Code 3: Improvement recommended – further remedial work is recommended but is not required for the report to be deemed satisfactory. 

If codes 1 or 2 are identified, then remedial work is required; the report will show that the installation is unsatisfactory for continued use – be careful if you are choosing the cheapest bidder to do the work, as they tend to find so many code 1 or 2 defects the the total cost works out much higher; a higher initial cost usually means the defects found are genuine. 

If Further Investigation is recommended, the landlord must also get this done. 

What about the appliances?

These regulations don’t cover electrical appliances, however it is recommended that landlords carry out PAT testing regularly on any electrical equipment they provide for tenants to use and records the inspections that are carried out. 

Tenants are responsible for making sure their own equipment is safe. 

It is also recommended that electrical appliances are registered with a product registration scheme such as

What areas do we cover?

We provide electrical safety inspections for landlords in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, Co. Durham and Northumberland. 

landlords pat testing - this picture shows us checking kitchen appliances are safe