DRA News / Info

November 2019

Why choose us for your PAT testing?

By |2020-01-09T20:18:39+00:00November 17th, 2019|DRA News / Info|

Why choose us for your PAT Testing? I am Richard Ayre; I have traded as DRA PAT Testing since 2009; I established and have grown the business gradually over the past 10 years and I am very proud of my achievements. I am employ Kyle to help me and use some checked sub-contractors during busy periods, [...]

Comments Off on Why choose us for your PAT testing?

July 2019

May 2019

We are seeking a Trainee PAT Engineer

By |2020-01-09T20:33:47+00:00May 16th, 2019|DRA News / Info|

We are looking to appoint a new PAT Testing engineer (trainee initially) It's over a year since we appointed the last one; originally on a 1-day per week contract he now works 5 days a week full time. We are looking to bring someone in initially for 3-days per week whilst training (for 3 months) then when qualified, [...]

Comments Off on We are seeking a Trainee PAT Engineer

March 2019

Electrical safety tests on electrical appliances in City of Glasgow College student flats were not carried out due to an oversight, leading to safety concerns. 

By |2020-01-09T20:34:01+00:00March 31st, 2019|DRA News / Info|

Electrical safety tests on electrical appliances in City of Glasgow College student flats were not carried out due to an oversight, leading to safety concerns.  The error, involved 40 properties, housing hundreds of students, in riverside accommodation on Thistle Street.  Glasgow City Council found that portable appliance test (PAT) certificates were unavailable for the past 2 years.  “It was [...]

Comments Off on Electrical safety tests on electrical appliances in City of Glasgow College student flats were not carried out due to an oversight, leading to safety concerns. 

April 2017

Incidents involving electrical equipment reported in the media – December 2016 – April 2017

By |2020-01-09T20:35:43+00:00April 10th, 2017|DRA News / Info|

The following information highlights the importance of maintaining safe electrical appliances; this information was gathered by Electrical Safety First. Incidents involving electrical equipment reported in the media – December 2016 - April 2017 As far as we've been made aware these figures are not official, and that the real figure would be a lot higher, as not all incidents [...]

Comments Off on Incidents involving electrical equipment reported in the media – December 2016 – April 2017

September 2016

Free Socket Checks – We don’t charge to report faulty sockets

By |2020-01-09T20:22:44+00:00September 19th, 2016|DRA News / Info|

    When you get PAT testing quotes you're going to come across many companies wanting to charge you for socket checks... Some national firms charge as much as £39.99 to look at your sockets, no different to how you do, and tell you that they're all fine or one has a crack - you don't need to pay [...]

Comments Off on Free Socket Checks – We don’t charge to report faulty sockets

August 2014

Versatile PAT technology supports DRA Electrical growth plans

By |2020-01-09T20:38:21+00:00August 26th, 2014|DRA News / Info|

This article about us was published in the Seaward industry news issue 36 in August 2014. Versatile electrical safety testing instrumentation is helping a specialist UK PAT company to grow by putting the emphasis on an all round preventative maintenance service. The Tyneside based DRA Electricals has recently passed the 100,000 PAT tests completed mark and is expanding beyond its traditional North [...]

Comments Off on Versatile PAT technology supports DRA Electrical growth plans

Overloaded extension lead causes fire

By |2020-01-09T21:16:08+00:00August 26th, 2014|DRA News / Info|

Another report of a house fire highlights the dangers of overloading of electrical extension leads. Fire crews in Coventry were called to a property in the city when smoke was seen coming from one of the bedrooms. Whilst the house was unoccupied at the time, a number of pet reptiles and insects kept in the bedroom perished in the [...]

Comments Off on Overloaded extension lead causes fire