Understandably; if the server gets disconnected unexpectedly and without your knowledge it can lead to major issues not least down-time for staff, but in the most worrying situation – loss of data.
It gives us major concern at the horror stories we hear from clients about previous PAT Testers;
- “They insisted we turned off the servers”
- “They didn’t even ask, they just turned off the servers”
There is no need for this behaviour; we would never do I either – we work with you to ensure the best results are achieved in the safest manner, but in the best way for your business.
There are various methods for inspecting the servers, and all will mean you have a record of the units, and each will have a label with ID number, and you won’t have been disrupted. This can include:
- ‘Visual’ only inspections which means nothing gets disconnected or switched off
- Outside of working hours inspections
- Full tests, at convenient down-time, after consultation with your IT department
We are always very careful around servers, and follow your instructions clearly. Most of our clients prefer if we simply do a visual inspection on the appliances, with an earth test (not unplugging anything).