Do yo have others using your premises, bringing electrical appliances on site and using them?
If you run a hotel and let mobile discos use your premises have you checked to make sure their equipment is safe?
Do you run a conference centre where presenters, speakers and trainers present using their electrical appliances?
If you allow such people to use your facilities and they’ve not been PAT tested you’re taking a big risk.
If the DJ leaves his equipment plugged in overnight to collect the next day, and it overheats because he’s using too many extension leads it may start a fire. That fi
re may damage your function room, or worse. Will you still be insured?
If you allow other people to bring equipment into your workplace make sure that it has been checked; insist on seeing their PAT testing certificates.