PAT testing Jobs
Careers in PAT Testing
We are always on the lookout for new members to add to our team; if you would like a career in PAT testing or are just looking for a few more hours as a contractor then read on.
Firstly; the company HQ is in Wallsend, North Tyneside. You will need to be based within any of the areas of North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Newcastle upon Tyne, Washington, Chester le Street or general areas near.
We have PAT testing jobs available, with roles including:
- Employed Full time*
- Employed Part time
- Employed Zero hours (‘as and when’)
- Self employed as required
*Full time roles are based on 40-hour weeks, including breaks and travel time; overtime may be available but is not guaranteed. Fuel expenses at 25p per mile for work miles to and from site, and between sites, will be paid.
Must haves to work with us:
- C&G 2377 qualification for PAT testing competency; or at least 2 years’ experience
- Home computer, laptop or Android smart-phone
- Phone with camera
- Your own vehicle (will need to add business use insurance)
- Be able to pass a DBS check
- No facial tattoos
- Be over 25 years of age
- A basic tool kit including screwdrivers, wire cutters
- Be able to work weekends when required.
- Ability to test around 250 items in an office environment in 7 hours.
Please note: For our roles you need to be ready to operate from day one, so you must be experienced, we are a busy small business, so not looking for trainees at this time – full training to our standards will be given.
We will provide you with:
- Seaward Apollo to carry out testing, plus all standard test leads
- Socket tester
- Fuse tester
- Branded work polo/T-shirts & company hoodie or fleece (or other outer garment)
- Labels for applying to tested appliances
- Full training in our way of working
- Spare plugs and fuses
In addition to the above you may need for the role, and can add as and when you need them:
- Safety boots for site/industrial work
- Work trousers
- Specialist adaptors for testing
- Other items as required
We will pay you:
£10.00 per hour for employed roles including travel time, plus 25p per mile; or
£12.00 per hour for self employed roles, negotiable
- Statutory sick pay
- Company pension
You will be expected to keep time sheets and submit them monthly; pay runs from the 24th to 23rd each month, with pay day by the last day of the month.
Most of our work takes place between 6am and 6pm 7 days a week, but you may be asked to do the odd evening.
Trial & Probation: All candidates will be expected to spend up to one day with us as a paid trial (min. wage), to make sure you fit into our team and are competent for the role; also so you can learn about us to see whether you could work with us.
Probation: All new team members will start with a 3-month probation; by the end of which you must be doing your work our way, not your previous company’s. You will also need to be qualified to C&G 2377 by the end of this period, if not already; paid for by you, and have passed a DBS check.
We provide all this information so that the candidates that contact us meet our requirements, which saves everyone’s time. If you feel you meet the requirements of these roles please email your CV with covering letter telling us about you and your experience to email@example.com