PAT Testing is what we do
DRA PAT Testing is an established electrical safety company that specialises in Portable Appliance Testing. As a company we carry out testing for the likes of the NHS Business Authority, Durham Constabulary and the National Trust (we don’t name-drop to show off, it’s to show that we are taken seriously by others as a PAT company). However no job is too small for us; we’re just as proud to work with the likes of Lickety Splits and the Disco Co.
We are DRA Solutions Limited, owned by Richard Ayre, who also carries out the majority of jobs we get booked for, assisted by Ed Gorman. We have the logistics in place to deal with most jobs, although we do know our limitations. Find out more about the DRA brand, and Richard in About DRA.
A welcome from Richard “As a company we operate to my own high standards, of honesty and integrity; we grow thanks to our clients recommendations so we always ensure we give the best possible service and honest recommendations for future PAT testing frequencies. I also insist that I, and anyone working for me is always polite, punctual and professional. I hope you will consider me (us) to do your testing, and I look forward to meeting you.”
Every client gets the same PAT testing service including:
- A full report and PAT testing certificate upon completion of our work
- Honest recommendations for ongoing PAT testing frequencies
- Appliances tested by a CHAS and PTN regulated company
However, we are flexible so your requirements are met.
At every job we attend, we:
- Remove labels from previous companies, where possible
- Report any needs for repair, or failures at the time
- Apply professional pre-printed labels with a unique ID number
- Carry out full visual inspections on all appliances
- Repair and replace plugs and fuses for free
If you want to contact me, to get a quote or arrange a meeting you can:
- Call 0191 500 6562 – your call will divert to my mobile; if I can’t answer, leave a message and I’ll call you back as soon as possible.
- Contact me by email
- Or use the PAT testing quote form
Jobs can be booked for weekends, and overnight if that helps to reduce disruption – working when you’re not is as much a benefit to us as it is to you.
Don’t be afraid of the PAT tester
I hear stories where clients were concerned we may find a faulty appliance; I hear even worse stories where the PAT tester doesn’t want to tell the client an appliance has failed for fear of what they might say. There are equally important reasons you’re getting us to do your portable appliance testing:
- To find faulty appliances, to flag them up for maintenance or to remove the danger to prevent accidents, and
- To provide you with a PAT Testing Certificate and Passes report, which you need for the Electricity at Work regulations, and your insurer.
Do you know what a Portable Appliance Is?
Any appliance that has a plug that goes into a socket is portable from the mains electricity supply; that is what makes it portable. You don’t need to pick it up and move it for it to be portable.