Do you need PAT Testing? We can help
DRA PAT Testing specialise in Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment; more commonly known as Portable Appliance Testing. We have been operating across the North East of England, in Newcastle upon Tyne, Durham, Sunderland, etc. since 2009, and tested more than 1/4 million appliances for over 500 clients.
As a company we believe in honesty, high standards and putting the customer first so our prices, policies and service have been put in place to back up those beliefs. We give good advice in what is involved in PAT Testing; during the testing we’re professional, well organised cause minimal disruption to clients.
Our PAT Testing service provides every client with:
- A fully comprehensive Inspection & Testing Report including a failures report (which few other companies do)
- A PAT testing certificate to display on your wall
- Guidance notes on the inspections we have carried out
- Recommendations relating to future inspections and testing frequency
- Inspection and Testing in line with the IET Code of Practice and HSE guidance
- Compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Assistance implementing user checks where necessary
- A unique 6 figure number for each appliance, recorded in our database
- Pre-printed professional blue & white PAT labels
- Remove old labels where possible
- Free repairs and replacement plugs and fuses
- Experienced PAT technicians, qualified to City and Guilds 2377 and 2382
- PTN and CHAS regulated
To make arrangements for your portable appliance testing contact us on 0191 5006562, email or use our PAT testing quote form
We’re a professional company, so will make arrangements with you to ensure minimal disruption to your business. We can also work at weekends and overnight if required.
Portable Appliance Testing, also known as PAT Testing, is a process carried out on electrical equipment that is portable from the main electricity supply via a plug and socket. The process is part of Electrical Safety Inspection and Testing to make sure that electrical appliances found in workplaces are safe to be used, and don’t present a danger to their users.
Portable Electrical Equipment can easily become damaged, which in turn may lead to the appliance becoming dangerous which raises a need for regular maintenance and checks by a competent but also experienced and skilled PAT tester. Hidden dangers lurking inside an appliance can often go unnoticed until it is too late, which is why portable appliance testing is so important.
We’ll help you pass PAT Testing
Don’t be afraid of appliances failing their test because finding faulty equipment is one of the main reasons why these inspections are carried out; finding a faulty appliance and either repairing it or disposing of it is going to remove the danger; failing appliances saves lives. All appliances that don’t fail, will pass PAT testing and be included in the PAT testing certificate that we provide you with. Those failed appliances will also be included in the report, as a reference guide but don’t reflect on the certificates.
How often is PAT testing needed?
- Portable Appliance testing is required when you need it; it is required to check if your current maintenance programme is working efficiently, or to see if you need to put one in place.
- Some companies use it instead of a maintenance programme, usually as a cheaper alternative, which is fine too.
- Appliance testing is sometimes required following a health and safety inspection or for the purposes of insurance.
- Ultimately Inspection and Testing is required to make sure appliances are safe.
How often PAT testing has to be done depends on various factors; a risk assessment including the environment, equipment type, user checks, existing maintenance systems, other health and safety factors, insurance, comparisons to previous results all help to determine the best frequency of PAT testing.